Thursday, 10 September 2026

Make a crocheted curly doll friend

Yarn and crochet blog divider
Super-galactic travelling friends,

I've been seeing a lot of crochet clown dolls pop up on my Pinterest where you make a crocheted curl/curlicue as it's arms and legs, and since I made a wind spinner recently, I thought it would be fun to try and make another style of the curly crochet.

I didn't want to make a clown though, just a random doll, and so I went ahead without doing any planning, and that's where I went wrong...my little guy didn't turn out terribly, but it's not quite how I saw it in my head either.

However, I still wanted to pop it on here as I plan to try and make one again at some point in the future, and hopefully see some improvement between the next time and this time. Also, I think sharing projects that didn't go as you hoped are just as important as ones that do. The internet is full of perfect projects, and sometimes it's good to remember that it's ok for projects to come out imperfect too 😆

Anyway enough blabbering, are you ready to see my little weirdo?

photo of a crocheted spiral curlicue doll

As you can see he's a little rough, but I've made far worst in the past!

I don't have a proper pattern for you because as I said, I kinda just made it up as I went along, but I can say for the arms I chained 21 then with three double crochets in each chain, and for the legs I chained 36 and did four double crochet in each chain, to make them a little thicker.

I really enjoyed making it though, and plan to try and make something similar soon!

Yarn and crochet blog divider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?