Hello fellow super-galactic travellers,
I've always been really...really bad at learning languages. However, this year I finally learnt how to crochet after trying on and off for probably twentyish years (yes it took me that long, don't judge!), and it's given me a new confidence to say hey, if I can learn to do that after so long, what else can I learn that I've always struggled with? And so I've gone with languages.
There are so many languages I would love to learn, but in the end I decided to go for German for the following reasons:
- I've tried to learn German a few times since secondary school, so I know the absolute basics which helps with the early lessons
- I listen to German music, and it would be fun to know the actual lyrics without having to translate them
- Some theme parks are in and near Germany, so learning might help when I go on holiday
- I like how the language sounds
and finally (and maybe most importantly):
- Bernd das Brot...enough said!
While I know it's not the best learning method out there, I'm starting off with Duolingo, and if I keep it up I'll pay money for a less casual form of learning a language.
Yesterday I completed seven days, and so far so good!
But of course, I've learnt some of the words it's currently teaching me before so it hasn't been that tricky yet, but hopefully this time when I do hit that learning wall I'll keep going until I break through it!



No comments:
Post a Comment