Friday, 28 August 2026

Creepy crochet-intestine wind spinner

3D intestine divider
Dear super-galactic travelling friends,

earlier in the year I made myself a wind spinner, and enjoyed making it so much I wanted to make a bunch of them! And guess what happened? That's right, I haven't made a single one since...

I'm correcting that now though as this last week I've been working on a new wind spinner, and not just any wind spinner, but an intestine themed one!

Photo of a crocheted intestinal wind spinner in pink

Now you may be asking, why, out of all the designs I could have possibly come up with, did I decide on intestines. Well since making my first one I kept thinking to myself hmm...kinda reminds me of intestines, I wonder if I could make a wind spinner based on that...and here we are!

Making my wind spinner was really easy, but very time consuming.

If you'd like to make your own you’ll need two pink yarns, I used a brightish pink and a dirty pink, a 4mm crochet hook, scissors, and a yarn needle. You may also want stitch markers. 

To start I chained 80 in the brightish pink, then secured the end. I went back to the top of the chain, and using the dirty pink I chained one in the first chain, then single crocheted in each chain all the way down to the bottom and fastened off.

I then went back to the top with the same colour, chained two in the first single crochet stitch, doubled crocheted in that same stitch, then did two double crochets in each previous single crochet stitch until I reached the bottom, and once again fastened off at the end. You then basically do the same again, but do three double crochets into each previous stitch instead (remembering to chain two then do two double crochet at the start).

I wanted the final piece to look a lot more wavy than it was at this point, so using the same colour yarn in the first stitch I chained three, then did a single crochet in the same stitch. In the next stitch I did a double crochet, chained one, then did a single crochet into the same stitch, and repeated that all the way down to the bottom, then secured it.

Finally to make a loop for hanging, I picked which way I wanted to hang it, and using the brightish pink colour I inserted the yarn into one of the stitches of the dirty pink, just above the pink chain, chained twenty five, then inserted the yarn into where I started the chain, did a single crochet, secured, and tied a knot with the other end of the yarn. I then sewed all the ends into the piece, and with that I was done!   

Photo of a crocheted intestinal wind spinner in pink in a garden
 
 
Close up photo of a crocheted intestinal wind spinner in pink in a garden


Photo of a crocheted intestinal wind spinner in pink in a garden

I love how this came out, and it really does make me think of hanging intestines I'd see in a scare maze when I look at it...well, if intestines were made from yarn anyway! 

I was tempted to splash red all over it to make it look bloody, but this wind spinner took me so long to make I was worried about ruining it. Maybe in the future I'll make a mini version and play around with extras like blood, so if it works I can add it to this one, but if it doesn't as least I didn't ruin something that took hours to make.

This was a lot of fun to crochet up, and, while I'm not sure when I'll be making my next one, I will definitely be making more at some point in the future 😄

3D intestine divider

No comments:

Post a Comment