Saturday, 19 September 2026

Sugar free coffee syrup jackpot

Fellow super-galactic travellers, 

I'm usually a black coffee kinda person, but when it comes to iced coffee I love it milky, and I love it sweet. However, I'm not a huge fan of sugary syrups, as I'd rather not drink my calories unless I'm treating myself to an iced latte when out and about.

Both my partner and I however have found it extremely hard to find sugar free syrups in supermarkets and the like, which I find weird as there's such a huge amount of coffee based stuff on the shelves that you'd think sugar free syrups would be an obvious thing to stock with them, but it seems not...

The only one we ever really manage to get is the Skinny Barista salted caramel, and even then it's only if we're lucky.

I like to get these because, as well as being nice in coffee, I've found they're great for adding adding extra sweetness to foods without needing to add sugar. With a small amount they add so much flavour to things like plain yoghurt, or if you're having healthier cereal, adding some to the milk can made it a tad less boring.

While I really like the salted caramel one, it's nice to sometimes have a bit of variety. 

Which brings us to last week, when my partner hit the sugar free syrup jackpot in Boots!

Packs of Skinny Barista sugar free syrups in salted caramel, French vanilla, and English toffee

We occasionally find the salted caramel one in Boots, but we'd never seen the other two flavours alongside it, so I was happy I could finally try some of the other flavours in the range!

So far I've only had some of the English toffee one in an iced coffee and it was delicious, so I'm looking forward to giving the the vanilla a try as well.

If you have any good recommendations of tasty sugar free syrups and where you get your hands on them, I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sugar free coffee syrup jackpot

Fellow super-galactic travellers,  I'm usually a black coffee kinda person, but when it comes to iced coffee I love it milky, and I love...