Thursday, 3 September 2026

Autumn bucket list 2026

autumn fall leaves divider
Super-galactic travelling friends,

Autumn is on its way (or is already here if you go by meteorological autumn). It's one of my favourite times of year as it's often cooler without being freezing, orange and browns are back in style, and most importantly of all, it's Halloween time baby!

I always have so many plans for autumn, but then end up doing barely any of them, so I thought hey, if I post an autumn bucket list about things I want to do during autumn, I'm more likely to stick to them. And so, here my 2026 autumn bucket list.

Do the scare mazes at Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, and Tulleys Shocktoberfest

The last few years I have become a massive fan of horror mazes, and if I could I'd travel all around the UK doing as many as possible. Unfortunately I don't have the money for that, but I do have enough to do Towers, Thorpe, and Tulleys, so I want to make sure I do all of them this year.

Read at least three books

In January I made the new year resolution to read twelve books by the end of the year. While I've been doing pretty well so far, the last couple of months I've slowed right down, so I'd like to try and read at least three books before autumn ends to make sure I stay on track.

Watch (at least) thirty one horror movies in October

Horror is my favourite genre of movie, from new releases to old favourites I love watching all types. This year I thought it would be fun to watch what amounts to one a day over October! 

Buy some cute autumnal/Halloween themed items that are also practical

I see so many cute autumnal and Halloween themed things around this time of year, but always resist buying them because I'm trying to not just buy clutter, but it's sometimes nice to treat yourself to something...and so I will be treating myself, but I'll make sure they're practical so I have a good excuse to buy them!

Go to a pumpkin patch

I have never been to a pumpkin patch before, but I've seen photos and it looks kinda fun. I'm not exactly sure what you do at them, but I guess if I go to one I can finally find out!

Do some baking

I have a few charity shop books that are more based around cakes, desserts, and puddings rather than savoury meals that I haven’t cooked from, and autumn seems like the perfect time to finally try out some of those recipes.

Design and crochet a medium sized Autumnal or Halloween themed item

I love to crochet, but I usually stick to smaller items as I like stuff I can finish in a few days, so I thought it would be fun to come up with something that's bigger than I'd usually make, and work on it over autumn.

Have a pumpkin spice latte at least once

I know this one sounds silly and is easy to do, but for the past few years I keep saying to myself that I'm going to have a pumpkin spice latte as I didn't have one the year before, then I look at the price of them and go, actually nah they're kinda pricy, I'll save my money...and then I get sad I didn't have one when they leave the coffee shops! So yeah, this year I won't um and ah about it, I'm just going to have at least one, price be damned! 

Cook with squash a lot

I really like squash, and since it's going to be everywhere (plus it's really healthy) I want to see how many recipes I can cook that are either squash based, or swap out the meat and use squash instead.

Keep an eye out for autumn themes things in charity shops

Wherever I go I always check first to see how many charity shops a place has so I can visit them all. I like to shop for unusual cookbooks, clothing, and things like mugs, so through the whole of autumn I'll try and keep a special eye out for autumnal themed items.

I think that's enough to be getting on with! I shall post updates throughout autumn to let you know how I get on with this bucket list (and let me know what's on yours!)

autumn fall leaves divider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?