Fellow super-galactic travellers,
Last year I vowed to cut down on drinking, and so far so good. I'll have the occasional beer or couple glasses of lower alcohol wine, but I haven't gotten drunk (or close to it) since I decided to cut way down last April, yay me!
I always drank the occasional alcohol free drinks before, but since I cut down so much it's become my main thing to drink when in the mood for some booze. Some have been pretty terrible, while others I've discovered are even better than some regular beers. One of the more unusual favourites of mine though are, I feel, possibly teetering on the edge of disappearing from the UK forever.
This is Gym beer,
an alcohol free beer with some extra good stuff added in, plus caffeine.
While there's other alcohol free beers I drink more often, I love this one as a mid afternoon pick me up when I want something cold, fizzy, and most importantly bitter, which I find only beer based drinks can offer.
So why am I worried about them disappearing? Well...
- Gym beer only seems to be available at Morrisons and nowhere else, not even online, and then not all of them sell it
- it's been marked down to the point that now it's only 50p
- from reviews I've read online it doesn't seem particularly well loved
Whenever we go to a Morrisons that sells it we always stock up on the off chance that they'll stop selling it. It also means I don't drink them as often as I'd like for fear of running out, and then not being able to get them again!
It's a shame because I think Gym beer in a genuinely enjoyable drink that offers an alternative to sweet energy drinks, and is a lot more refreshing during this hot weather.
So that is why I'll be sad if one of my favourite alcohol free beers disappears from our shelves. If it does end up happening though I will be making a plea to Morrisons to put Gym beer back on the shelves, or if that doesn’t work I'll just have to write to the company itself, and see if I can get them shipped to me aaaaall the way from Poland! 😆



No comments:
Post a Comment