Monday, 10 August 2026

Failing at winning the lottery, the tally begins

Lottery ball divider

My super-galactic travelling friends,

I thought it would be interesting to start keeping a log of my wins and losses when I play the lottery or get a scratchcard, and put those results on my blog.

I know I'm obviously in the negative overall as I've been playing for twenty plus years and yet to win the jackpot, and only those that have played once won a tenner and never played again, or those that have actually won millions are the ones in the positive, but I'm curious how much in the negative I actually am over a year.

I'm not a huge gambler, playing just one line twice a week on set for life, plus some scratchcards or extra tickets if I win something, but even so I know it builds over time.

Last month I actually won enough to get this month's tickets, so unless I decide to get myself a scratchcard from the corner shop, when(!) I win something I'll be in positive, and when I don't win I won't be technically be down, which makes the maths for this first month easy!

Screenshot of set for life national lottery online tickets


And so onto the results on my first week, which was last Thursday, plus a bonus Power Ball ticket since I had enough left over after getting my set for life tickets, and our survey says...


no matches on an online play of set for life and power ball on the national lotterr

Surprise surprise, a loss on both...

It was to be expected, but I have plenty more tickets to go 😄 

I'll only make this post once a week (or maybe going to once a month, we'll see) rather than after every time I play the lottery and the like, as it wouldn't be very exciting having two posts plus a week where more often than not I say hey guess what, I'm not a lottery winner...again! so I'll see you again this time next week 🍀 

Lottery ball divider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?