Wednesday, 12 August 2026

bland joys

blue and pink flower dividers
 

Dear super-galactic travellers,

I've been thinking about the small, bland, daily type stuff that bring me joy, because we can't all have grand adventures on the daily to make us happy due to money, lack of time, being an introvert etc.

So I'm making a list here of seemingly dull things that brings me happiness, so if I'm ever having a down day I can look at this list and find something to do on it to lift my mood. It's also going to be an ongoing list, so every time I think/do one I'll be adding it to the list, so come back from time to time to see what's new. Who knows, maybe some of these will bring you a wee glimmer of joy when you do them too!

  • looking for weird stuff in charity shops
  • eating a Ryvita covered in lots of salty butter 
  • perusing the food and pet areas in garden centres
  • a warming Shin cup on a rainy day
  • getting something into a bin when throwing from a distance
  • wandering around Costco eating all the free snacks
  • finding interesting sites on Wiby
  • Learning a fun bit of useless trivia
  • Snuggling up in bed early
  • Cutting something in half like, like a slice of bread, and getting both halves to weigh exactly the same
  • seeing how much grated cheese I can snack on before the fridge door is open alarm goes off

Let me know if you try any of these things, and if they helped to lift your mood 😊

blue and pink flower dividers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?