Monday, 7 September 2026

Attempting to make air fryer apple wedges

apple blog divider
Super-galactic travelling friends, 

the other week I made some air fryer wedges, and couldn't believe how quick and easy they were to make (kinda wish I'd take some pics so I could have done a post with the recipe, but I'll do that next time I make them!)

It got me thinking though about wedge based foods I could do in the air fryer...sweet potato wedges...squash wedges...root veg wedges...and then I thought, oooh, apple wedges as a pudding!

For my first attempt, while I waited for the air fryer to heat up I cut up two apples and took off the skin.

Sliced apple wedges with skin taken off

I popped them in a tub and sprayed with with oil, then added lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon, putting the lid on after each ingredient and shaking them about, adding a bit more of each ingredient if needed.

Sliced apple wedges in a tub covered in sugar and cinnamon

Once the air fryer was at temperature I put them in for ten minutes, then checked them here and there until the looked done.

Sugar cinnamon apple wedges cooked in an air fryer

I then served them with some cookie dough ice cream.

Air fryer sugar cinnamon apple wedges with cookie dough ice cream

Ok they so look kinda sad...but they tasted really nice!

I think next time I might try to either cook them at a lower temperature so they go a little squishier, or maybe try the grill setting and see if that caramelises the sugar on the outside a bit more, and maybe try them with butter instead of the spray oil, which means I get to make and eat them at least a couple more times...such a hardship... 😁

If you've made them before let me know if you have any tips or tricks to making them!

apple blog divider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?