Thursday, 17 September 2026

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends,

why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?

My partner ordered something the other week, and we were struggling to have it delivered.

In a previous moan I wrote about how sometimes stuff is chucked over our high gate, but sometimes, if the package is heavy they'll just come to the back gate, give it a knock, and as soon as no one answers (because the gate isn't near the house and so we can't hear if someone knocks on it) it ends up being a missed package. That's what happened last week when my partner was waiting around for his delivery. It sucks but it's not like it couldn't be delivered again.

And so the delivery day was changed to Tuesday, and I waited around, listening out for the package once again...only to be told we weren't home and so they couldn't deliver it.

I thought oh no maybe they tried to deliver to the back again, because I definitely didn't hear a bang on the front door, and no one rung our doorbell...well they sent us a picture of the front of the house to prove they tried to deliver it to the house. The only issue?

It was our neighbour's house!

And so yesterday they tried to deliver for the third time. I opened the window in the room I was working in as it faces into the back garden, in the hopes I might hear if they try the back gate again, and kept a listen out for the front door, making sure my phone was next to me so if I somehow missed the doorbell, the bell's app would alert me.

And it seemed third time was in fact the charm, as they came to the right house, knocked at the front, and had the package waiting for me on the doorstep. Success!

And so I brought it inside, and took a photo to send to my partner.

And his reply?

'One box?'

'There should have been three.'

And at the moment, my heart sank...

I thought that everything that was being sent was arriving in one box, but it was actually mean to be over three! My partner had sent me a screenshot of what was arriving, but I didn't noticed the amounts of each item, so I thought all of it was in that one box...argh!!

I tried to contact the delivery company through the site, app, and even called, but ended up getting nowhere.

And so my partner had to contact the company that he ordered the stuff from to let them know, and hope that something can be sorted. When the package was delivered they took a photo, and it does only show one box, so hopefully my misunderstanding over how much was being delivered won't cause an issue.

Nothing is ever simple is it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?