Saturday, 5 September 2026

Classic smokers are out, Ninja woodfire electric BBQ grill and smoker is in!

Super-galactic travelling friends

many of us love a barbecue, but I think many of us also, a lot of the time, can't be arsed to have one. 

Getting out the barbecue, realising we didn't clean it well enough last time we used it over a year ago and having to give it a good clean, or realising it's gone rusty and having to rush out to buy a new one if you have people coming over.

You then have to get the charcoal for it, which you struggle to light, go back out to get firelighters, wait for it to get up to temperature, then finally when you can start to cook you have to fiddle around with the food because of the temperature due to hot and cold spots, and then about eight hours late you finally get to eat.

Of course, you can always just buy an electric barbecue, but then you miss out on the lovely smoky flavours a barbecue brings, and honestly at that point just buy an air fryer that can grill as it's cheaper and easier to store, plus you can use it indoors all year long...that's how I felt anyway, until I learnt about the Ninja smoker.

A couple years back my partner actually bought a standard smoker as he was interested in smoking meats and the like. He bought the smoker, the charcoal, the pellets...and used it exactly twice.

It wasn't that the food wasn't great, it was, but it was a lot of faff every time we would want to use it, and so it just didn't get used again.

Before he bought it I had been wanting the Ninja smoker for a while, but understandably due to cost we didn't end up getting one and got the normal smoker instead, but it didn't stop me from really wanting one. We both occasionally checked out their site for deals, and a few months back they had a deal on for the Ninja smoker XL with some added extras, and so on a whim my partner bought it

Photo of our Ninja Woodfire pro connect XL electric BBQ grill and smoker in black and gold

and it's one of the best bits of kit we own!

So far he's used it at least four or five times, and it's been so easy every time. No messing around with charcoal or waiting an hour for it to heat up, just turn on and go, and the food has tasted wonderfully smoky every time.

My partner did have a passing micro reservation about getting one because there are some people who consider it cheating, and not 'real cooking' because you don't use actual fire and the like, but he realised immediately that that was a stupid way of thinking, and just because something's easier to cook with doesn't mean it's cheating, or a lesser way of cooking. It's like saying buying food from a supermarket is cheating, and you should hunt and gather the food yourself!

He loves cooking on it and has tried a range of different foods, from meats to fish, to even smoking an aubergine to make a smoky baba ganoush (which was delicious!) and this week he used it to smoke some pork for a midweek roast, a thing I doubt we'd be having if we stuck to our regular charcoal barbecue.

Cooking pork belly, potatoes, carrots and broccoli in our Ninja Woodfire pro connect XL electric BBQ grill and smoker in black and gold

I just really wanted to write this post because when we get something I think is great I want everyone else who might be interested in that thing to know about it, because I get excited sharing stuff that I'm excited about!

So if you're someone who likes the idea of having a barbecue more often but can't be bothered with all the faff that comes with it, and if there's a good deal going on, I highly recommend this Ninja smoker (the XL version is the version we got that I'm recommending, so if you're planning to get the regular size I can't vouch for those, so double check other people’s thoughts on those first).

Now if you'll excuse me, there's some smoked pork leftovers that has my name on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?