Thursday, 13 August 2026

Enjoying the eclipse

3d eclipse divicer
 

Dear super-galactic travellers,

As you may know, yesterday there was an eclipse! I of course did not plan ahead, and so on the day of I Blue Peter'ed an eclipse viewer together using a toilet roll tube, paper, and some foil...

Photo of a homemade eclipse viewer

Photo of a homemade eclipse viewer


It worked pretty well,

Photo of the eclipse through a homemade eclipse viewer

Photo of the eclipse through a homemade eclipse viewer

but we also gave the colander trick a try too!

UK eclipse through a colander shadow

You could also see it in the shadows

Seeing the UK eclipse through leaf shadows


And when I took a very quick photo, you could see the reflection of it too.

The UK eclipse photo

The UK eclipse photo

I also definitely, definitely didn't have an extremely quick glance at it at any point to see where the sun was in the sky so I knew where best to point my viewer, because that would have been a very stupid thing for me to do...ahem...

Although it wasn't a full on eclipse it was still fun to watch, and while it didn't get particularly dark it still felt kinda eerie when it got to its most eclipsey-ist. Maybe next time whenever that is I'll be a bit more organised and buy some special glasses in advance, but probably not 🌘
 
3d eclipse divicer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?