Thursday, 6 August 2026

flutter right on by thanks!

butterflies blog divider

 

Dear super-galactic travellers, I need to tell you something...

I used to love butterflies. I enjoyed watching them colourfully flutter around the garden, exploring the flowers to the gentle buzzing of bees...but to be quite honest with you, I just don't trust butterflies any more.

'What no, why, they're so pretty!' I hear you cry.

It all started a week or so ago *add a wavy going back in time effect here in post*

It's probably down to so many damn flies getting into the house during this hot weather, but I had a weird dream. In it, a butterfly came into our kitchen through the backdoor. We watched as this butterfly fluttered gently towards my partner...and straight into his mouth!!

He spluttered in horror, and after a couple seconds it exited his mouth, leaving his mouth and face coated in wing powder. It was then that it started fluttering it's way, now rather drunkenly due to being injured, straight towards my face! And that's when I woke up.

Ok you may be thinking, that is a kinda freaky dream, but why does that mean you no longer like them?

Well number one, it was very vivid which made it feel more real, but number two, a few days after something happened that sealed their fate for me...

We were at Thorpe park waiting to go on a ride, when I saw a largish butterfly heading it's way towards our part of the queue. I side eyed it, slightly wary after that dream. Thankfully it didn't come near me...but instead it headed towards the two girls behind us in the queue, and preceded to land on one of the girls lips!!!

She jolted upright, shocked that a large butterfly decided to land smack bang onto her mouth. Luckily it didn't go any further than that, as her sudden movement made the butterfly quickly fly away, leaving her and her friend bemused at what just happened.

But having that dream, then less than a week later that happening? Yeah I think I'm done with with seeing butterflies pretty, and now see them as a menace.

deep fried butterfly caution
 

So the next time you see a butterfly, for your own sake keep your mouth closed, juuuust in case...

butterflies blog divider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?