Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Filet (o-fish) crochet

cute fish blog divider
 
Fellow super-galactic travellers,

I've finally learnt how to filet crochet...well kinda anyway...

I thought it would be pretty easy to learn the basics, but every flipping tutorial gave different advice on what to do, so eventually thought sod it, I'll go for (boring time!) 3Ch per box with a Ch two skip two method, and this is the result

Filet crochet fish


It's not as delicate and fancy as I'd like as I used a 2.5mm hook and don't have super fine thread, and it's not overly easy to tell what it is (it's a fish btw!) but for my first go it ain't dang bad.

I do actually have some old crochet hooks I bought twenty plus years ago that I've never used because, one, they were way too tiny to use, and two, I only finally managed to learn this year thanks to my partner getting me a crochet kit, which somehow finally unlocked my crochet powers 😄

I'll be trying some more filet crochet soon with the other hooks and see if they work any better, but before I do that I'm just going to get distracted by other stuff 🫠
 
cute fish blog divider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Third time's the charm?

Super-galactic travelling friends, why is receiving a delivery so dang hard!?