Friday, 11 September 2026

What flavour crisps are the London underground lines?

crisps blog divider
Super-galactic travelling friends, 

the other day my partner and I visited London for the day, and while there it reminded me of a conversation we've had the last couple of times we visited...what flavour crisps are each of the underground lines?

Below is each underground line, and what flavour they could be. Some were fairly obvious in their flavours, while some my partner and I debated about. Let's see if you agree or disagree with our conclusions...

Bakerloo Line

This one we had a few ideas on what the flavour could be, but in the end we went for beefy

Central Line

This was the easiest out of all of them, since red is almost universally known to be ready salted, and so that's what we went with

Circle Line

Yellow was a bit of a tricky colour, as it could be cheese an onion, but since we have a green coming up, it could also come under that colour too, as well as under blue thanks to walkers crisps. There's of course also English mustard style crisps, and of piccalilli flavoured too. In the end we decided on cheese and onion, controversial I know!

District Line

Talking of green....ok so hear me out...sour cream and chives crisps? Maybe? Well that's what we're going with!

Hammersmith and City Line

Ham, or prawn cocktail, that is the question...I'm going ham, preferably smoky ham/bacon

 Jubilee Line

This was one of the hardest to decide on since it's grey, and you don't get many grey crisp packets. In the end we decided to go for salt and pepper flavour

Metropolitan Line

This one could be a few of the more out there flavours, but in the end we thought that Worcester sauce flavoured crisps were the way to go with this one

Northern Line

BBQ was the one my partner thought of right away, so that's what we're going with!

Piccadilly Line

So now we are at the dark blue I feel could have also been cheese and onion. We could go with salt and vinegar, but instead we're going for a second, that right second, salty one, except this time it's fancy lightly sea salted crisps, those kettle cook kind.

Victoria Line

A lighter blue which I see as a salt and vinegar flavour, so that's what we're going with

Waterloo and City Line

The last of the main lines, and another tricky one since I don't see many aquamarine crisp packets. For me I feel like it's an offshoot of the previous two combined, and so we're going for sea salt and cider vinegar crisps

So those are what I think each London underground station crisp flavour would be. Some were easy to come up with, and others weren't as straight forward. Let me know your thoughts, and which would you change and to what! And now I'm off to eat some crisps...

crisps blog divider

No comments:

Post a Comment