Saturday, 12 September 2026

Quick and delicious savoury snack to use up puff pastry

Super-galactic travelling friends,

The other day my partner made a delicious savoury mushroom, squash and spinach feta strudel with pre made puff pastry. Whenever we make something with puff pastry there's always some left over, and we never have a plan for it...well this time I did, in the form of marmite and cheese twists!

To make them I rolled out the puff pastry with a bit of flour to stop it sticking to the cutting board or rolling pin, then cut it into rectangles. On the long side of the rectangle I drizzled on some marmite and sprinkled on some pre grated smoked cheese, leaving the other half plain.

Once that was done I folded the plain side over on top of the cheesy marmite side and squished all the edges together as best as I could, then picked each one up and twisted them, and with that they were ready to cook!

I put them in our air fryer at around 180, and egg washed them (I only did this as partner had some left over from the strudel, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered). I didn't know how long they'd take, so I set the air fryer to twenty minutes and checked every five until they were cooked to how I liked them. This is how they turned out.

Photo of homemade air fried cheese and marmite puff pastry twists

They were ridiculously good, and I really wish we'd had more leftover pastry to make more!

I think this will be both my go to whenever we have leftover pastry, and if I need to bring a snack to a party 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment